Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Growing While Missing

Last weekend, I went to Walcamp in Kingston, IL with 22 Middle Schoolers.


I had the privilege of spending 36 hours with these little creatures.
Learning about love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy. Growing in my faith right along with them. And I can't wait for some more of it. The best decisions I've ever made in my life are timed with a return to God. I've strayed several times, but He always forgives and welcomes back with open arms. And I'm loving learning about the promises He offers through His only Son right along side...
...her.

If only Walcamp had Starbucks coffee...what I personally consider to be on that list of wonderful gifts God gave to the earth...particularly to the non-morning types like me. Next year I'll be bringing my own stash. :)


This week, I'm missing me some of this...
...and this...
...and this. 

I can't wait to see my kids reunited with their backyard amusement park, sharing their love of the outdoors with good friends while the adults enjoy the show at the back of the boat like this...
...and this...
...and this.

Then ending our day on Echo Lake with sibling love that sometimes escapes us in Planfield. Like this...
(notice the heart they unconsciously made with their arms. The Husband says I'm grasping at straws. I say he doesn't see art in everyday life. What do you think?)

...and this...
...and this.

Thursday, I'll be reunited with it all.  

xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment