Friday, February 22, 2013

Calling all Chickadees

What started as a lovely afternoon cross-country skiing through the spectacular Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest...

...in a balmy eighteen degrees...
...unexpectedly turned into something cool.
Cooler.
Coolest. Thing. Ever.
The unscripted, surprising moments of the Northwoods keep me coming back over and over. And I thrill in sharing those incredible experiences with my friends.
As we approached a clearing in the woods on our cross country ski adventure, hundreds of tiny chickadees descended upon us, eager to taste my homemade granola bars.

The little woodland creatures made me look like a rock-star tour guide,
and kept us in the jolliest of moods for the rest of the day. You can even ask Barry over at Knocker's about that.
When my friends later asked me, "Jen, what was your favorite part of the weekend?"
Without hesitation: "Feeding the birds. Channeling my inner Cinderella. Wishing I could've made seven dwarfs appear to really jack you all up."
If Prince Charming had bounded through the woods on a horse, that would have really blown them away. Instead, all I could offer was Bird Man.
But at least he can handle a camera.

To say I wanna go back and feed them more nom-noms is the understatement of the year.

XOXO,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment