Sunday, May 10, 2015

For My Mother

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

I could make this really sappy and say how you've taught me to love, persevere, enjoy life, work hard and be the best person I can be, but a picture tells a thousand words. I'll let the pictures do the talking today.

You're willing to take calculated risks.
You love animals,
 and they love you.
You know how to rip loose and have fun.
You also can kick back and relax.
You put the cool in Grandma,
and also the strangulating fun.
You stand by your man, through the good and the bad.
You appreciate nature and relish getting lost in it.
You give helpful, unsolicited advice.
You adore the love of my life and defend him like he's your own.
You excel at the art of multitasking.
You listen without judgement like a best friend.
You party like a rock star.
You party like a hillbilly.
You party like a rockstar hillbilly in the dead of winter.
You taught me the art of the double fister...
...the multi-colored double fister...
 ...how to drain the bottle...
...and to stop when the tequila's gone. 
You never leave home without a swath of lipstick.
You challenge everyone around you,
 and constantly remind me that above all else on this earth, family matters most.
 Thank you, Mom. Just for being you.
The life lessons you continue to teach me are invaluable.
I love you. Happy Mother's Day.

XOXO,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment